Virtual Modem v2.2.2 is an advanced software that allows you to connect two hardware modems to each other using a virtual modem. By providing a virtual modem for the system, this software allows you to use the Internet or a variety of local networks to communicate with other communication devices, instead of using the telephone line . By using this software to communicate, there is no need for telephone lines and face-to-face constraints to communicate such as busy lines, lack of charge, the need for additional hardware and more. By providing a virtual modem and assigning an IP for both destination and origin systems, the software provides a simple and fast connection through the Internet and the network.
Virtual Modem is a software solution that replaces a pair of hardware modems with virtual modems. It allows two modem communications applications to interact over a local network or the Internet instead of dialing a telephone number. There is no unreliable phone connections, busy lines, call chargers, or any hardware equipment. The program is an absolute replacement of the hardware solution. Virtual Modem completely replaces physical modems on both sending and receiving sides. On the local computer it creates a virtual modem that dials a remote IP address for connecting to a remote side over LAN or the Internet. On the remote side Virtual Modem detects an incoming connection and emulates an “incoming call” on the created virtual modem. Created virtual modems are accepted by modem applications as real physical modems.
Here are some key Features of “Virtual Modem v2.2.2” :
- Replace hardware modems with pure software.
- A virtual modem can be used anywhere in the world where Internet access is available.
- Virtual modems can use TCP connections with any other device, including computers running another copy of the Virtual Modem,
- using virtual modems directly from virtual serial ports or via TAPI
- Up to 256 virtual modems can be created
- Virtual modems are compatible with fax software
- Virtual modems work with IP Fax Machines
- Virtual modems can “dial” to remote virtual modems using IP address (or computer name) and TCP port instead of phone number
- Virtual modem can accept “incoming calls” from other virtual modems
- Phone book. It allows you to simplify the switch to virtual modems from hardware modems. You can specify a telephone number corresponding to the IP address (or computer name) and TCP port of remote virtual modems.
- Once established, virtual modems are operable at each system startup (even before user login)
- Support for main AT commands
- Support for main S-registers
- User interface
- User-friendly software interface
- Hot virtual modem creation and removal, without computer reboot
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2003, Server 2008, 2008 R2, Server 2012, 2012 R2 (32 and 64-bit)