AFT Impulse 7 – The ram’s impact is a surge in pressure or a wave that occurs in moving fluids after a sudden or sudden change of direction. This increase in pressure usually occurs when a lion suddenly closes in the direction of the flow of fluid (water or gas).
The ram’s blow, which has been mentioned in some Persian texts as “blue hammer”, also comes from the translation of the word “water hammering”. This phenomenon occurs in underflow pipelines and open channels, and it is clearly based on the rules of pressure, variations in water, or variations in flow velocity, and on the time and place conditions for fluid movement.
In some hydraulic pressure systems, such as water, oil or network transmission linesDistribution and water pipes leading to turbines, water tunnels, pumping systems and gravity currents, the rampant phenomenon with rapid, fleeting and mira waves can cause various dangers.
Sometimes the destructive power of these pressure waves is such that it yields results. The bursting of pipelines in transmission systems and distribution networks, failures and breakdowns of valves, control valves and pumps are one of the obvious examples of this phenomenon.
The AFT Impulse software is a utility tool for calculating the ram’s phenomenon that analyzes this phenomenon in transmission lines. This software is designed for fluid systems containing water, crude oil and refined products, cryogens, refrigerants and more. AFT Impulse is very useful for measuring and locating the equipment for wave suppression.
Here are some key features of “AFT Impulse v7.0.1105”:
- Advanced transient solver based on Method of Characteristics
- Built-in steady-state solver to automatically initialize waterhammer transient
- Detailed pump inertial modeling for trips and start-ups including state-of-the-art, four quadrant methods
- Models of liquid column separation caused by transient cavitation
- Scenario Manager to track all design variations and operational possibilities in a single model file with data Linkage
- Integrated graphing and reporting
- Animation features to dynamically graph transients
- Generates force imbalance files that can be automatically read into CAESAR II® and TRIFLEX® pipe stress dynamic models
- Built-in intelligence to guide you in building better models
- AFT Product System Requirements
– Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1 (not the RT versions), or Windows 10, 32-bit or 64-bit compatible
– Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 or later
– 1 GB RAM or greater (4 GB recommended) in addition to the minimum required by the operating system
– 5 GB available hard disk space
– 1024 x 768 SVGA display or higher
Download AFT Impulse v7.0.1105