CleanMyPC v184.108.40.2069 is a new cleaning and maintenance utility for Windows from software developer MacPaw Inc., which has already made a strike with its product CleanMyMac. CleanMyPC includes a suite of cleaning tools for Windows computers. The main cleaning component promises to remove gigabytes of files from a PC, and is backed up by five maintenance tools: Secure Erase , Complete Uninstall, Registry Maintenance, Autorun and Gadgets & Extensions Manager.
CleanMyPC is a software program to clean your computer from unwanted and unnecessary files and a new tool for Windows maintenance that increases the power and speed of Windows. It includes a set of tools for cleaning Windows PCs such as: Registry Cleanup, Complete Uninstall, Secure Erase, Scanning, etc. It also has components for removing large files. This software can find files that may have been deleted. This program can completely clean up unwanted files and system registry to improve system power and speed.
Here are some key Features of “CleanMyPC v220.127.116.119” :
– During a scan CleanMyPC analyzes your hard drive to find files that may be safely removed. They are split into four categories – “Caches & Logs”, Help Files “,”
Languages ”and” Trash & Junk “. Let’s walk through them to explain exactly what is found.
- Caches & Logs
– While Windows and applications run on your computer they usually store “ready” chunks of data on the hard drive to expedite the load. Those chunks are called “Cache files”. However, sometimes these applications do not remove files and while some apps come with built-in “cache control mechanisms”, most of them (including Windows itself) leave a significant amount of data sitting unneeded on your hard drive.
CleanMyPC can identify those files and let you know which ones are safe to delete.
Log files record the activity of Windows and applications and are usually used for informational purposes. Removing them will not affect the functionality of your applications but may save you hard drive space.
- Help Files
– Most applications (as well as Windows itself) come with help files that contain information about program functionality and workflow. You can safely remove help files for applications that you already use freely. CleanMyPC allows you to selectively remove help files by clicking the corresponding “Help Files” section of the sidebar and checking only those you want removed.
- Extra Languages
– Some applications also come with built-in language translations (for example Spanish, Russian or German). This only influences interface translations – you can still type text in any language within the app. Since you only want your application in one language you can safely remove the rest – gaining free space. CleanMyPC will scan your computer and find applications that have multiple language translations, offering you to remove extras. If needed, you can only check those application translations that you want cleaned.
- Trash and Junk
– In this section CleanMyPC scans for various files you can usually access on your own
but can still remove. These are:
– “Restore points” (backup files created by Windows. The latest restore point will not be removed by CleanMyPC to ensure you can always recover your system).
– “Recycle Bin” folders located on all your hard drives.
– “Crash reports” – files created by applications and Windows when something crashes, application quits or a critical error occurs.
- Additional Utilities
– In addition to cleaning and scanning features CleanMyPC comes with a set of built-in utilities designed to help you keep your computer reliable, fast, clean and working like a new one.
– When you simply remove files to and from the Recycle Bin they can still be brought back by
third party data recovery software. However sometimes you need to remove files for good – and this is where CleanMyPC? S “Secure Erase” will help you. Files and folders removed with “Secure Erase” cannot be recovered. This is achieved by rewriting files with zeroes (“zero-out”) several times before permanently removing them from your hard drive.
- Complete Uninstall
– Most applications you have on your computer come with a dedicated uninstaller which removes the application you decide to stop using from your system. However, some files
(like application preferences, caches, data etc.) are not usually deleted along with the app and clutter your system by occupying disk space and slowing your computer down.
CleanMyPC? S “Complete Uninstall” feature will help you remove applications without leaving a trace. You will need to follow the on-screen instructions to launch a factory uninstaller and after it finishes its job CleanMyPC will pick it up and proceed with removing unneeded leftovers.
- Registry Cleanup
– The Windows registry is a database that stores configuration settings and options for Windows itself and for all installed applications. Since the registry is simultaneously read and written by all installed applications that can also include malware and spyware programs, it sometimes becomes cluttered or partially corrupted. This cannot be fixed
manually (unless you have deep technical knowledge and experience) and we advise you to
CleanMyPC? S registry maintenance utility to take care of your registry. To scan your computer registry for issues click “New Registry Scan” and wait for the scan to finish. CleanMyPC will find erroneous entries and offer you to fix them all at once or selectively.
– While launching applications automatically with Windows it is convenient to do some applications without your knowledge and you may want to prevent them from running automatically. Removing applications from autorun is usually not convenient and sometimes beyond your control – Windows stores autorun data in several
places and locating a specific application can be tricky. CleanMyPC collects all applications that start with Windows in one simple interface – simply hover any application and click the corresponding “Disable” button to prevent it from starting with Windows. You can re-enable it again in the same way.
- Gadgets & Extensions Manager
– Windows (and some applications) install different Gadgets and Extensions onto your system. While some applications provide you with removal options, sometimes you don? T
have such a possibility (which is especially common for default Windows gadgets and extensions). CleanMyPC lists all the extensions you can remove and allows you to remove all at once or only those you want to get rid of. This can’t be undone so please make sure you don’t remove the gadgets or extensions you might need in the future.
- Software Requirements
– Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
– Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
– Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
– Windows 7 (32/64 bit)