FinePrint 11 is a software application designed to streamline the document printing process and help you save ink and paper through an innovative preview window.
Unsurprisingly, the program behaves like a virtual printer on your computer. To access its user interface and features, you must click the “Print” button in one of your Windows applications.
Once you’re there, numerous options await you, all designed to improve your document printing process. First of all,
FinePrint has a unique print preview option that allows you to customize the appearance of your pages by adding new blank pages or removing certain pages from the project.
If you want to save ink, FinePrint also includes a special black-only tool so that all colored text is converted to it while photos are being removed from documents.
Another important feature is that it allows users to print on both sides of the paper. There you have it, another way to save resources, this time a sheet of paper.
Last but not least, FinePrint allows you to save documents in various formats, including TIFF, JPEG, BMP, text, and FP.
Because it plays the role of a virtual printer, you don’t need a supercomputer to run it. During our tests, the app worked fine on both Windows 7 and Windows XP, so it’s safe to say that older machines will run it quite well.
All in all, FinePrint could be very useful for many users. Very easy to use and with a solid package of features, the app deserves at least a try.
Here are some key features of “FinePrint 11”:
- Print preview: universal print preview with editing function. Easily add blank pages, delete pages, and reorganize jobs.
- Ink Saver – Provides options to convert colored text to black and omit graphics.
- Multiple Pages on a Single Sheet – Prints 2, 4, or 8 pages on a single sheet of paper.
- Watermark Headers and Footers: The Watermark, Header and Footer option allows you to mark documents with the date, time, system variables, or user-defined text.
- Forms and Letterheads – Enables the simplified creation of electronic forms and letterheads. The preview feature shows how the output will look before printing to ensure proper alignment.
- Combine Print Jobs – Allows you to combine multiple documents into a single print job. This is useful for making website-based brochures, etc.
- Save File: Save pages and jobs in TIFF, JPEG, BMP, Text, and FP formats.
- Clipboard Support – Any printed output can be copied to the clipboard as text, bitmap, orsupport for double-sided printing – All documents and printers support booklet making and double-sided printing. Booklets add a professional touch to all documents and are easy to read and carry. Double-sided printing cuts paper consumption in half and reduces travel weight.
- Paper Scale – Scales large pages to fit standard paper sizes, such as letter or A4.
- Adjustable margins: Margin adjustment allows larger text sizes for better readability by using more printable area on the page.
- Chute Holder – Chute feature provides space for binding documents.
- Multiple FinePrinters: Multiple FinePrinters can be created. This allows the creation of “virtual printers” that have different predefined settings. For example, you may have a “booklet printer” that automatically prints a brochure or a “letterhead printer” that prints on your letterhead without displaying the FinePrint dialog box.
- Simple Server Deployment – Install on a server as a shared printer for simple group or company deployment.
- Workstation: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP sp2 or higher
- Server Edition: Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2012 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, Citrix
Download FinePrint 11